The EVS story of our EVS volunteer Damjan :)

Sending organization: Centre for Regional Sustainable Development-CRSD, Macedonia
Hosting organization: Asociatia Transfrontaliera Pro Dezvoltare-ATPD, Romania
If you want to know more, you can find our Damjan on Facebook :) https://www.facebook.com/damjan.stirner?fref=ts

FROM MACEDONIA TO SANNICOLAU


I visited one my friend in Poland last year and then I discover what EVS is. He was there for EVS project for 8 months and then I said to myself that this is for me. Because I’m hungry for knowledge, I’m something like addicted on books and I want to discover new things about different cultures, people behaving, people habits,I want to know more about human nature this EVS projects can feed my hunger. When one hot sunny day a good friend involved in some NGO in my town called me and said me that one organization from Romania is searching volunteer from Macedonia. He knew that I wanted to go for EVS that I was sending CV to different organizations for EVS projects, so he proposed me to send CV to this organization that if i go to Romania will be perfect opportunity for me. I send my CV to this organization they chose me so I’m here. Town: Sannicolau Mare; Duration of project: one year; Name of the project: For the animals, for the environment, for yourself; what to expect: I didn`t know nothing about Timisoara or this Banat region, so I didn`t know what to expect, so it was time for taking a risk! I came to Timisoara on 1st July. It was love at the first sight. Timisoara is very beautiful place that I was surprise how I couldn`t know about this city. And what I think about Sannicolau Mare? Well this town for me is something like in fairytale especially now in autumn. I live in the building near castle and in the morning when I go to the office I’m passing small bridge and with the fog everything makes some kind of medieval ambient… I have many activities in Sannicolau Mare that fulfill my time. In the morning I fulfill the tasks for my project (sometimes I feed street dogs, sometimes we have activity for cleaning the town or taking care of trees) or I work in the office (I`m helping in my host organization if there are some projects). In the free time I’m doing different things starting from going to the gym, playing volleyball, till reading books, going to cinema in Timisoara, learning Romanian language… People here are very friendly, so I feel like a home. In my hosting organization there are two volunteers from Turkey with whom I’m like a brother. Also with my coordinator Laura and others volunteers we are like a big family. I had chance to go around Romania (west part). I traveled for arrival training to mountain place called Predeal which is in Transylvania region near Brasov. There I had chance to met people from countries that I hadn`t chance to meet before in my life, people from Uruguay, Peru, Latvia, Estonia…It was interesting to know about them, about their traditions, their stories how they are experience EVS stay here in Romania. I`m here almost four months and till now I have many unforgettable moments. I can say that my EVS stay will be special chapter in my life.

Damjan with Emilija from his sending organization (left) and Laura his coordinator from hosting organization (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment